ETHICS + GIVING BACK
No compromise on ethics. Ever.
It's easy to post a lot of pledges and promises online. You can literally find thousands of travel companies promising they look after their porters and crews. But how do YOU know it's true? Kilimanjaro.co.uk takes a three pronged approach:
1. We have a in-country manager throughout the year responsible for monitoring and managing our Kilimanjaro climbs and adventures.
2. We are an approved Partner company with the Kilimanjaro Porters Assistance Project – KPAP – and the International Mountain Explorers Connection – IMEC – Partner for Responsible Travel Program. They independently assess our operations (specifically our climb operations) and monitor each and every climb that we run to make sure the following key metrics are always monitored:
Tip amounts & transparency
We collect this data and assess all ground operations AFTER EVERY TRIP constantly and work hand in hand with all stakeholders to ensure this is progressively improving over time - thereby building local capacity as part of our commitment to you, our guests.
3. Training: bi - annual training for porters, crews and guides has been built into our business processes to ensure that we are committed to the long term development of the people that need it the most - the porters and crew that you meet on your trips. You can get involved post trip supporting education initiatives for as little as $50 - contact us if you are interested.
TRUST - 100% financial protection
How do we achieve 100% financial protection for our partners & their guests? We work with the Travel Trust Association and they provide us with:
1. A trust account: all guest money is placed in trust.
2. All our payments to suppliers are insured.
And that means 100% financial protection for our guests.
Since 2001 our team has developed Internationally recognised safety metrics, trained guides, provided porter bi annual training, and built up a dedicated team of guides, crew and porters. By giving back we've built up a dedicated team and with industry leading wages and training we have set standards for over decade on guest monitoring systems. The A-Team.
We take your privacy very seriously and we only collect the information necessary to process your booking. We do not bombard you with marketing material. Please refer to our full privacy notice.